Tuesday, June 30, 2015

That One Time in Oklahoma...

Just enough people.  You can say whatever cliche thing you want "Hate the sin, not the sinner" "We all sin differently" "we all put our pants on one leg at a time".

But why?  What are we solving.  The supreme court made a decision to give human rights to humans.  Not to hamsters.  Not to zebras.  Human beings.  These people are no different than you or I.  They love.  Just because I, a woman, love my husband, a man, means nothing.  I am no better than anyone.

There was that one bible passage that said that one thing about that thing and it got twisted and turned into what made people want it to and they used that to deny rights to people.  PEOPLE.

We are on this earth with the people we are on this earth with.  I like God.  I'm all for him and all he has and continues to do for us.  But I am not going to use his love for me and mine to promote hate of others.  Show me where God said "cast the first stone...." Oh wait...

So while my news feed blows up with whining and complaining that SCOTUS did what it should have done years ago, let blacks vote... oh wait.... women vote... .not this time.... blacks and whites can marry..... nope did that already.  Everyone has the right to marry whoever they chose.. BINGO, I am going to head off into a land where bigger matters take the lead.  This place doesn't exist.  But poverty, starving kids all over the world, and I am still trying to get my kid into therapy he needs to succeed in life.

Who he decides to marry will be another blog for another decade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment